Canada, since founding the foreign trade country, accounted for more than 60% of its GDP. Canada’s high standard of living per capita, the variety of commodity requirements, range from the ordinary textiles, clothing, light industrial goods, household goods, home appliances to large mechanical and electrical products.
From a long-term point of view, the export of commodity structure should be mechanical and electrical products and high value-added products in the direction of development, so as to further expand the Canadian market.
Canada restrictions on imports are: textile import quotas, anti-dumping and countervailing. In addition, the animal and plant products and low-acid food imports more stringent inspection, no other restrictions on other commodities. But the goods must be in terms of quality, standards and other aspects of government regulations.
Canada’s import and export control there are two: First, the license control, by the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Trade Import and Export Licensing Authority is responsible for payment. The license control has three forms of export control list, import control list and regional control list. Canada has limited the number of imported goods, including clothing, footwear, textiles, cotton yarn, agricultural products, meat, weapons and other military supplies. There are 61 kinds of imported products, including garments, footwear, cotton, agricultural products, meat, weapons and other military supplies. As required, exporters need to apply for an export license from the Exit of the Licensing Authority. It usually takes up to 30 days from application to getting a license. The validity of the card is generally one to two years. After a one-year permit expires, the exit may be extended. The import license is also similar to the export license.
For the export of mechanical and electrical products to Canada, especially large-scale mechanical and electrical products, generally also required to provide internationally recognized methods to test the certificate, to ensure that the invoice date after 12 months warranty period, the operation of the two laws and the use of manual , Maintenance and spare parts manual. In addition, the requirements of the mechanical and electrical products must be registered trademarks, and some need to be registered in the province of sales, foreign exporters can directly handle, but also commissioned by Canadian importers.
In general, we should know Canada management systems for entry goods, and imports, controls, regulations and standards that establish an orderly operation of the mechanism, some suggestions as followings:
(1) to find a familiar situation, good reputation of the agents;
(2) to prevent leakage of confidential products, it is best to sign a confidential agreement with each other or immediately apply for a Canadian patent;
(3) pay attention to legal issues, such as product health and safety standards, tariff rules and advertising restrictions;
(4) make good use of business services, these institutions can provide you with the introduction of partners, arrange for you and wholesalers or retailers to meet and other services;
(5) do a good job of market research, you can use your business intelligence agencies and domestic and foreign advisory bodies to implement such investigations;
(7) attention to commodity packaging;
(8) commodity naming is easy to read, easy to remember, and to consider the cultural background of Canada;
(9) to grasp the Canadian consumer trends;
(10) to learn English and French languages to reduce misunderstanding and increase the confidence of each other to you.